Biological Lawn Care is a holistic approach combining the best of chemistry, physics, biology, and microbiology with sound soil management practices. It addresses and solves weed, disease and insect pest problems at their root causes rather than merely masking the symptoms with poisonous chemicals.
For many years conventional agriculture has been treating symptoms like diseases, weeds and insects. Meanwhile organic practices treat the problem in the soil. Most organic lawn care companies fall short because they do not treat immediate symptoms. It can take more than 3 years to correct problems in the soil so that symptoms are no longer present.
Biological Lawn Care treats the symptoms for immediate results while addressing the problem in the soil for long-term results. Biological programs do use chemicals when needed, however alterations can be made to those applications to lessen the negative environmental effects of the chemicals.
TDI developed bioGreen™ biological fertilizer specifically formulated and blended to enhance the biological activity at the soil level. We blend many different types of biological fertilizers to be applied to each individual grass type at specific times of the year. The goal, achieve the color and growth you expect while promoting optimum soil health, increase soil conductivity and have no harmful effects on beneficial soil organisms and microbes.
What this means to you our customer is that progressively less chemicals will be used on your landscape, your landscape will become less susceptible to weeds, insects, diseases and weather fluctuations (drought, extreme heat, etc.), and you can rest assured that your landscape will be both healthy and safe for your family, pets, and the environment.
Principles of Biological Lawn & Ornamental Care
- Nature will always follow the line of least resistance.
- For every cause there is an effect and vice versa.
- Plant growth is limited only by energy availability and balance.
- The higher the nutrient balance and availability, the faster the plant will grow in a balanced state.
- The greater the soil nutrient density, the greater the crop yield provided there is adequate moisture.
- The greater the humus content, the greater the nutrient quantity required to maintain soil test levels.
- Nitrogen is the major electrolyte in all biological systems.
- The higher the phosphate availability, the higher the plant’s sugar and dissolved content, which in turn means the higher the mineral content resulting in a higher specific gravity plant and fewer pest problems.
- As the soil system improves, the inputs must get more sophisticated and finely tuned.
Compost Tea is a highly-concentrated microbial solution produced by extracting beneficial microbes from vermicompost. Adding nutrients to water that is highly aerated produces this brew. Vermicompost is then placed in a tea bag or basket and suspended in solution and the extraction process begins. Using the proper equipment, good quality Compost Tea can be brewed in just 24 hours.
Compost Tea Provides:
- Foliar & Soil Organic Nutrients
- Chelated Micronutrients
- Nutrients in Biologically Available Form for Plant & Microbial Uptake
- Competes with Harmful Microbes
- Degrades Toxic Pesticides
- Produces Plant Growth Hormones
- Mineralizes Available Nutrients
- Fixes Nitrogen
- Beneficial Microbes Displace Pathogens on Plant Surfaces
TDI Biological Services offers Compost Tea treatments that also include mycorrhizae fungi, which are fungi that colonize plant roots and aid in nutrient and water absorption.
Compost Tea Treatments Help Balance The Soil Food Web
A Balanced Soil Food Web Will:
- Suppress Harmful Microbes and Organisms
- Improve the Nutritional Quality of Plants
- Improve Soil Structure, Water Infiltration, Oxygen Diffusion and water-holding Capacity
- Retain Nitrogen and other nutrients such as Calcium, Iron, Potassium and Phosphorus
- Make nutrients available for Plant Growth at the Times and Rates Plants Require
- Decompose Plant Residues
- Rapidly Reduce Worker Exposure to Potentially Harmful Chemicals
- Help Beneficial Microbes Displace Pathogens on Plant Surfaces
TDI’s Pest Control also abides by the same biological approach as our lawn and ornamental care programs. Our selection of products and methods reflects this philosophy. Green pesticide technology has made great strides in the development of environmentally-friendly pesticides that achieve the same quality of insect control while replacing the environmental impact of conventional insecticides. We make every attempt to use the safest, most environmentally-friendly products without sacrificing quality or efficiency.